What is it like at Oglesby Union Church?
Helpful guidance for first time guests
Where do I park?
- The front entrance is on the Walnut St side of the church building (see picture)
- Street parking is available next to the church along Walnut St or Church St
- The City Parking Lot is located nearby at the corner of Walnut St and Dale Ave
- Disability Parking is available on the Church St side of the church building where there is an accessibility ramp leading into the main sanctuary
What do I wear?
- Typically, most people wear dress casual clothes, like one would dress for the workplace or going to school
- If you have a health concern, it is totally acceptable to wear a mask or other protection
What is it like?
- When you enter the church's main sanctuary, you will see the pulpit platform area and the seating area (pews)
- There are ushers typically standing by the front entrance handing out bulletins
- If you need assistance or have questions, don't hesitate to call on one of the ushers
- There are no seating assignments, so feel free to find an open spot in one of the pews
- A worship leader or the pastor will come up to the pulpit platform and provide guidance on group participation
- If you are not a believer, do not feel compelled to participate (it is OK to just observe)
What about my kids?
- If you come to Sunday School, there are children's classes available
- If you come to the Worship Service...
- There is a small nursery by the front entrance where you can watch young children while listening to the sermon
- Children will be dismissed before the pastor's message in order to attend Children's Church, which is held in the church's lower level
- After the service, children return back to the main sanctuary to join their parents
How can I get connected?
- If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call the church office at 815-883-3450 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- You can pick up a bulletin before the Worship Service or sign up for the weekly newsletter (OUC Connection) by e-mailing us